I truly believe in timeless investment pieces, regardless of the season or year there are certain choices like a trench coat, white blouse and dark wash denim that you can always rely on.
The definition of classic holds for a reason – any of these carefully curated choices are versatile to within seasonal piece.
Start with a solid foundation in your wardrobe and then you can add some trendy pieces as you go…..
Never forget the formula:
Cost Per Wear = Total cost of the item / Number of days you’ll wear it
Here are some of my favourites…
- A maxi day to evening dress – Liu Jo
- Shirt dress – Lizzie Lace – Whistles
- Blazer – Theory
- High rise skinny jeans – Rag & Boone
- Wide legged well cut trousers (tailor leg length is necessary) – Karen Millen
- Silk Blouse – Joie
- Leather trousers – please don’t balk at this suggestion! Well cut and well tailored leather trousers with the right top and accessories can work for any body shape – Reiss
- Well cut white shirt with detail – Karen Millen