Off-the-shoulder tops and dresses are practically everywhere, and whilst they are like marmite, lots of my clients are asking if it is too late to buy. I believe that the cold shoulder isn’t going anywhere for good reason: it’s feminine, creates a beautiful silhouette, and elevates everything from jeans to simple dresses. There are so many fresh iterations of the trend, whether you want to keep it low key or shout with ruffles, volume, colour there’s something out there.
If you’re nervous about the trend, keep it simple, go for a top that is subtle maybe pair with more dramatic accessories or a bright red lipstick.
You are a little more confident – go for details like prints, ruffles, and asymmetrical details are the next step. Pair down accessories so not to go overboard perhaps match with a smokey eye if a date night…..
You love fashion and trends and embrace them with both hands…. Go dramatic and elaborate – dress them up or down – you are the master of this trend – force is strong. Again, pair down accessories so not to go overboard and a no make-up make up look….
Here are my picks of what is on the high street now:
- Rose Cold Shoulder Print Shirt – Topshop
- White Cold Shoulder Floral Dress – Topshop
- Green Cold Shoulder Floral Dress – Oasis
- Rose Cold Shoulder Dress – Oasis
- Cold Shoulder Cami Dress – Warehouse
- Cold Shoulder Gingham Button Down Front Dress – Warehouse
- Split Shoulder Fine Knit Tee – Whistles